Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lunchtime Thrifting

After a fairly good week-end of thrifting I felt motivated enough to brave the east Texas heat to visit a couple of thrift shops on my lunch hour.  What a major waste of time!!  Anything that was even remotely worth having was priced like they thought the shop was an antique store.  To be honest, most of what I saw today should have been  tossed.  I mean, the clothes were worn out.  I can get much better deals by catching the sales at the local department stores.  Now who wouldn't prefer new as opposed to used and worn out if you can get it at the same price.  That's a no-brainer for me.

Anyone who knows me is aware that I almost never pay retail for anything.  I even try to get all of my groceries on sale.  Unless it is an absolute necessity---milk, bread, or toilet tissue, we wait until it is on sale.  That is, unless the Hubby is doing the shopping!!

If anyone a work needs something special and at a good price, I am the go-to person.  The request usually starts out with-"while you are garage saling".  It is a well-known fact at work that on Thursday's and Friday's I am gonna be late because of garage sales or an estate sale.  My co-workers wish list at the moment includes dining chairs for someone's daughter's kitchen and a child-sized table and chairs for the photography studio.  Actually, I love having specific items to look for.

My comment box seems to have disappeared. Please click on the title of this post and the comment box will magically appear. Please leave a comment--I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails